ITIN Processing

If you are looking for guidance on applying for ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) for your dependents (spouse/children/parents) to claim higher tax benefits when filing your tax return, US TAXO can advise you on filling the Form W-7 and the procedure for attaching the necessary identity documents.

Tax Planning

The decision to move overseas is one that brings excitement and anticipation to all involved. However, along with that enthusiasm, comes countless hours of planning that need be done as well. We can help you plan your financial decisions associated with your move as well as help you navigate the potential pitfalls.

For citizens of a foreign country, who are living and working in the US, their tax situation are unique. There are complex requirements for things like investment income received from other countries, foreign bank account reporting or FBAR, and overseas assets, as well as establishing your tax position with the US as a resident.

Here are some questions that we can help you with answer:

  • Do I file a standard 1040 or a 1040NR as a non-resident?
  • What are the tax implications of my foreign rental real estate income?
  • I moved half way through the year, how do I report my income from my home country?
  • Do I need to complete Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR or FinCen 114) for my foreign bank accounts?

Don’t let the complexities of the system keep you from getting your maximum refund. US TAXO can give you the assistance you need to file necessary forms and reports, as well as take advantage of deductions and exclusions that may apply. We have the tools and the experience to help you avoid dual taxation situations.

Tax Representation Services

If you receive any notice from Internal Revenue Service on your tax return, we at US TAXO will represent your case for FREE before the IRS/State Revenue Department, regardless of who prepared your tax return, as long as the representation does not involve the preparation of an amended tax return. Further, we at US TAXO offer UNLIMITED years of Error Free Tax Representation Guarantee for every tax return processed through us.

Tax Preparation Services

We provide a variety of US tax services, including the preparation of all federal and state tax returns for individual. We have an expert team of tax advisers and Enrolled Agents who have extensive experience in the field of Inpat/Expat tax preparation.

Federal Tax Return Preparation for Americans living abroad, foreign nationals and those who have recently repatriated to the US.

Included in our Federal Package:

  • All standard expat forms: Forms 1040, 1116, 2555
  • All standard schedules: Schedules A, B, C (profit and loss from small business), D, and E (rental property), Schedule K-1s, and bank and brokerage transactions

State Tax Returns: As IRS Enrolled Agents, with knowledge of your situation, we can advise you if you need to file a state return. Generally speaking:

  • If you last resided in or maintain residency in California, New Mexico, North Carolina or Virginia, you will likely need to file a state tax return.
  • If you last resided in Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington or Wyoming, then you probably will not need to file a state tax return.
  • For most other states, it will depend on your personal circumstances, how long you have been abroad, what ties you have to the specific state, etc.

Foreign Bank Account Reporting: The FBAR is only required if you have a financial interest in one or more overseas financial accounts and the total value of all of the financial accounts combined was $10,000 or more during any point during the tax year. The FBAR (FinCEN Form 114) must be filed electronically with the US Treasury Department (not the IRS) by June 30th (there are no extensions).


Top rated on Sulekha Advertising Partner